Sunday, January 23, 2011

Push ups, sit ups and squats, oh my!

Today my 13-year-old decided he wanted to start doing some weight training. Presidential fitness stuff coming up, and he wants to be in better shape in general. So, as soon as I started talking about how we needed to do this together, how he needed to be supervised, to add some cardio, use proper form for his push ups, sit ups and squats, his little ears stopped working and he checked out of the whole thing! And now, he's on the Wii, shooting something.

Grrrrr! All middle-schoolers should be sent to Siberian work camps until their attitudes get straightened out!

I'm about to make a batch of healthy burritos to store in the freezer. I'm putting ground turkey, black beans and shredded zucchini, carrots and low fat cheese in them, plus using low-carb, high fiber wraps. I should insist the boys help me.

No comments: