Thursday, January 13, 2011

Appetite in flux

Yesterday was a very busy and emotionally full day. In the morning, when I went to Pilates, it seemed I didn't have much strength to accomplish anything. Only managed to get in a couple roll-ups, and my side planks were pathetic. But in a few hours, the adrenalin rush of trying to troubleshoot my parents' life, again, kicked in, and by the time I got home, I somehow got eight loads of laundry done and cleaned most of the house. Didn't feel much like eating yesterday, just under 1500 calories.

I only got five hours of sleep last night, and I've been very lethargic all day. And today I'm ravenous! It's not quite time for dinner and I've already cleared 1500 calories, mostly from carbs. I was craving carbs all day, and my son's bass teacher had just baked cornbread and gave us a piece for the road. It was so good! Sweet and buttery!

So, I'm not so fussy about the change in appetite. Its completely understandable. But I'm annoyed that the recent cut in calories isn't resulting in a loss. I've cut calories back to just around 1600 and I've bounced between 321 and 317. Like I have been when I was eating 1800 calories a day, and 2000 calories a day.

But maybe it's one of those things, where your body shrinks before the scale drops. Because I swear my jeans are really bagging at the waist today, and the seat is droopier, and the thighs are looser, and I'm sort of swimming in my shirt a little too. Boobs are definitely swimming in my old bra!

No comments: