Mat Pilates - Five days a week (two classes in a row on Fridays)
Cardio - Twice a week at the Pilates studio, plus the rowing machine for 20 minutes after each meal
Weight training split routine - 45 minutes, six days a week, alternating upper and lower body
As of 2/28/2012, this is my eating routine:
- Small breakfast of protein and fat; lunch and dinner of protein, fat and high fiber non-starchy vegetables
- Two 24-hour fasts/week
- Caloric intake averaging 1100 calories a day
- Organic/grass-fed/wild-caught lean protein sources
- Organic fruits and non-starchy vegetables
- Seeds. nuts and healthy fats
- Restrictions and exclusions: No dairy, no grains, no legumes, no processed food, no added sugars (one exception - very dark chocolate). Alcohol limited to "high holy days".
- Nutrient mix - Up to 90 gm protein, less than 15 gm net carbs/meal, 2300 mg sodium
(Stepping up the plan to manage the diabetes better.)
8/2006 Diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes - started to cut carbs and started walking on treadmill to control blood sugar levels.
1/2008 Highest recorded weight at 353 lbs. Went to Green Mountain Spa for three weeks to get started on a diet/fitness program with support.
3/2008 320 lbs. Start of plateau (bouncing between 320 and 308). A1c numbers down, from 6.9 to 6.1.
12/2008 Second trip to Green Mountain Spa. 308 lbs.
2/2009 Separated from husband. Move back to U.S.
8/2009 Discovered sensitivity to soy. Diagnosed with high blood pressure. Put on medication.
10/2009 Started back on EBT to learn to manage stress and find joy in my life
2/2010 Divorce final.
3/2010 Started Pilates
6/2010 Took myself off blood pressure meds. Weight popped back up to 332 lbs.
2/2011 Dad passes away. 50th birthday.
4/2011 My dog is killed in traffic. Learned about intermittent fasting and Paleolithic diet. Plateau officially broken! 300 lbs.
6/2011 Weigh less than 300 lbs., first time in 20 years.
11/2011 Broke up with all the toxic people in my life. Found freedom and joy!
2/2012 Participated in my first Venus Index training competition.