Saturday, September 5, 2009

Puzzle pieces falling into place

I'm never going off this diuretic! This morning I weighed in at 306!

Actually, I don't want to be on the diuretic forever. I would like to be off all medication. Hopefully, when the divorce and the hypothyroidism are managed, and I lose another 30 lb, my bp will be back to normal.

I've been reading up on the affects of food allergies and weight gain. There's definitely a connection, and it definitely applies to soy allergies. There are a lot of websites that try to sell some product to cleanse a colon or repair a leaky gut, but I'm also finding a lot of research to support backing away from the use of soy altogether.

About 10 years ago I started to experience an allergic reaction to soaps, perfumes and dyes. I can't wear any eye makeup without getting a strong irritation in my eyes. Deoderants affect me as well with rashes. And today I was reading how all those products contain soy. So it's not just the food. The best way to stay away from soy...don't buy anything with an ingredient label on it!

I stopped using commercial soap several years ago and only use olive oil soap. I switched to a natural brand of shampoo, but now I'm going to have to look into that as well. I haven't worn perfume in years, with the exception of some Arabic oudh that I don't get a reaction to. All my detergents are natural and scent free because going down the laundry detergent aisle at the market burned my nose and eyes.

I read tonight that soy can cause pancreatic issues (which is a cause for type 2 diabetes). There is so much misinformation out about soy surrounding the benefits. I have a lot of reading to do.

No comments: