Monday, September 28, 2009

It's like I'm on Alli

I don't want to keep talking about the effects of my soy allergy, but I'm having another bad day again.

Years ago, before it became an over-the-counter drug, my doctor prescribed orlistat to me in an effort for me to cut my fat intake. I had stopped using butter and other unhealthy fats, but I wanted to eliminate more fat from my diet. Using the drug had a dual effect on me. It deleted a portion of fat that I ingested, as if I had never eaten it, but in the process, there were treatment effects (quite a bit of intestinal discomfort and I had a lot of diarreah) which made me want to avoid eating the fats to begin with.

Soy is doing something like that to me now, without so much intestinal discomfort. I accidently ate something with soy in it this morning, and now my morning is shot. And I'm angry, because I was careless and now I feel horrible and my time is wasted because I'm achy and lethargic all over again. I was so happy yesterday, a completely soy-free day, full of energy. I got a lot done and that felt good. I was looking forward to getting even more done today. I'm feeling rather worthless right now.

To stay on track, I'm going to get rid of all the soy in the house. The boys will have to live soy free as well.

No comments: