Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lazy Sundays

I'm rebelling against fashion today. I'm wearing sweats and an old t-shirt at the moment. They're not stained or torn, by the way. I'm not actually being lazy today. I'm in the middle of doing laundry and ironing, plus I've been helping my oldest son clean and organize his bedroom. I already cooked and did the dishes, and the downstairs is clean. I'm taking a couple of hours to watch a movie about Coco Chanel.

I miss sewing. I miss making beautiful clothes. As I watch the actress doing her needle work and listen to her talk couture, I grow wistful for a good fabric stash and a sewing room. I would kill for some Swiss or funky Liberty print lawn right now. Actually, I just want a lot of cash so I can fly to London to shop for fabric. *sigh*

Okay, I understand not wearing sweats in public everyday. But do I have to be dressed up at home if I know I'm not going anywhere? I want to be comfortable.

It's hot again today, supposed to get to 101. Blech. I don't want to leave the comfort of my air conditioned bedroom.

I think I need a nap.

No comments: