Sunday, September 6, 2009

305!

Yesterday, we went to the movies. I got the giant tub of popcorn, with movie butter (which probably had soy in it). I was groggy for the rest of the evening. I ate far too much popcorn. I actually got full on it, and then proceeded to have dinner later at around 8 pm (bean and cheese burritos, Mexican rice and corn on the cob with butter). I don't like eating so late, and I wasn't really hungry, and yet, I still ate. And this morning, I still lost another pound.

This diuretic really feels like cheating. It's leading me to unwise choices. This morning we went to Denny's (my niece is visiting and we're having some fun over the weekend, which includes not cooking). I ordered their top sirloin steak and eggs with hashbrowns and sourdough toast. I also had three cups of coffee with half-n-half. I almost ordered their pancake bites, but resisted. The rest of today will be filled with better choices, veggie choices.

I've lost ten pounds in the last week. My clothes don't fit differently, but I'm noticing that my shoes are roomier, my calves and forearms are softer and my rings fit again. So I must have been carrying the excess water in my extremities. Maybe my low-rise pants are just a teensy bit easier to button at the waist.

The Denny's breakfast is starting to make me groggy. I notice that if I've had something with soy, I get sleepy within 30 minutes to an hour. And no amount of coffee will help me with that. Maybe I'll just drink water for the rest of the day.

No comments: