Monday, August 31, 2009

I made it until 3:30 p.m.

I went to Safeway to pick up my blood pressure prescription, walked around while it was being filled...I was feeling very edgy, not really hungry, but EVERYTHING looked good. I ended up buying a small tub of potato salad and I ate it when I got home. I felt okay afterward, but really felt hungry, so I made myself a bowl of chicken broth with low-fat turkey meatballs. Tasty, filled me up a bit more. Then I got a glass of non-fat lactose free milk. Two hours later, I'm achy all over again, and quite sleepy (I actually napped for four hours today).

So, I know that I didn't handle reintroducing the food quite right. I need to do it just one item at a time. So I'll start all over again tomorrow, just water, and then I'll try something like eggs cooked in cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil.

I think this might be a soy allergy. The Medifast products are full of soy! The potato salad had soy in the mayonnaise, and the turkey meatballs had some soy as well. The milk might also be a culprit.

I'm like a CSI!

No comments: