Monday, August 31, 2009

...and we're back, again!

It's been 90 minutes since my last blog. I am such a weenie!

I'm already hungry, tired and have a headache. That's what I get for drinking coffee again this last week. I'm on my sixth glass of water...perhaps I need to pace myself more.

Been watching that series of videos online about food allergies. She talked about muscle testing. My parents do that all the time. Everytime they look at a new food product, they muscle test in the store. Some days they're just fine with the product. They buy it, bring it home and then start abusing it. Eventually they create another "allergy" with the new product, determined with the muscle testing.

I don't know if this woman in the video knows what she's talking about. She's a chiropractor. I find that to be a profession that is highly suspect. What I am taking away from the video series is how to deal with the allergies without having to buy more products. Like digestive enzymes can be found in pineapple, which is something I normally eat. Probiotics can be found in miso, which is another product I use. I will not be doing an enema or colonic, which I find to be ridiculous. I would rather drink the herbal teas and get plenty of fiber from my diet. I can do the water fast, as short as 24 hours, and if I go longer, I can include lemon juice, cayenne pepper and a tablespoon of maple syrup with each glass of water. If I start to feel really bad later today, I might start using that.

She described a way to use stomach yoga to realign the ileocecal valve. I didn't know it could get out of alignment or what the side effects of that would be! Still, the method seems non-threatening and I'm willing to do it. It might even help me with abdominal core strength.

I'm a great believer in not buying extra stuff to make me feel better. If it's free, I'll try it.

(I'm hungry now, and I want to take a nap, and I'm starting to feel achy again...I'll stick it out until tomorrow, but I don't know how I'll manage past that. I'm having a craving for poached eggs on whole wheat toast!)

No comments: