Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm actually having a good day!

It's Saturday and I woke up at 7:15 this morning, which, technically, is sleeping in. And I woke up alert and full of energy! I dusted my bedroom (I think I've only dusted once since April when I moved in), vacuumed, put everything away, MADE THE BED (that is a rare occurance), scoured my bathroom, then moved my cleaning activities downstairs. All the dishes are now clean and put away, the stainless steel appliances are gleeming, the laundry is done, and the entire downstairs, with the exception of mopping the tile, is clean. It's now almost 2 p.m. and I'm starting to feel tired and ready for a nap.

When I woke up I took my standard SamE, l-tyrosine, acidophilus pearl and baby aspirin with water, on an empty stomach. I had a couple cups of coffee this morning and didn't feel like eating until 11 a.m. And then I was ravenous! 1 egg plus 2 egg whites scrambled with sliced mushrooms and onions and two slices of Canadian bacon over a small whole wheat bagel. And then I had a can of turkey chili. And then I had a tin of oil-packed sardines and a couple of Wasa crackers. I topped it all off with four glasses of water. 1084 Cal! I ate something, then waited and still felt hungry, then ate more, etc. I'm finally stuffed and can nap.

When I don't stick to an eating schedule and just go with eating when I'm hungry, I find I eat earlier in the day and can avoid eating after 6 p.m. more easily. So, to further aleviate more stress in my life, I think I'll adopt a less vigilant and regimented position on my eating. I'll still track what I eat, the calories. I'll still keep only healthy food in the house so I can make good choices from what I have on hand. But I won't be so vigorous about when I eat and how much per meal. I think that was causing me a lot of angst and I just can't find any joy in that!

The bed is looking really good right now...

No comments: