Monday, March 7, 2011

Oh, I ate too much...

I've had a full day...it was a good day. I missed morning Pilates, so Lori texted me and invited me to the evening Toys class. That's Pilates with extra equipment. Damn, it was hard! Made me appreciate normal Pilates class all the more. We did things with foam rollers, rings and stretchy bands. Some things felt good. Some things were pretty impossible for me to accomplish, for now. When I get more weight off, then I can really work on getting up to speed for Toys.

So I came home to make dinner after class. Stir-fried turkey tenderloins with organic peppers, onions and broccoli. Finished with a little Thai fish sauce (a good alternative for those allergic to soy sauce), and served with a generous spoonful of Kashi Seven-Grain Pilaf. It was a bit on the salty side, so I drank a lot of water afterward. Now I feel stuffed! I think I'm ready for bed.

Today was the first day in a long time that I was able to keep carbs down below 100 gm. That's really what I'm shooting for these days, because it seems to be the only thing my body responds to when it comes to burning calories, keeping the carbs low. Stupid insulin resistance! Calories are still the same, around 1800. I can't seem to deal with lower calories than that. I would dearly love to see a consistent 1 lb/week loss. I can totally be patient with that! Because if I lost at that rate, I'd be 50lbs. lighter since my 49th birthday! So, even half that amount by my next birthday would be lovely!

No comments: