Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My afternoon snack

Breakfast and lunch were both tasty and healthy, lots of veggies and lean protein, fiber and low on carbs. So it's almost 2:30 p.m. and I am feeling quite noshy at the moment. Dinner's not till after 7, so I want to have something that's filling and will stay with me till later.

Picture courtesy of Steamy Kitchen
Oven-roasted cauliflower with bacon and garlic...I just found the recipe online here. I'm about to make it with chopped turkey bacon. I'm hoping the sweetness of the roasted garlic and cauliflower will get me past the urge to run down to Starbucks for one of their chocolate chip cookies! I don't always have sugar cravings, but since cutting my carbs even more, I can hear the cookies calling to me around this time of the day. It doesn't really help that Lodi smells of Cheerios most of the time!

Today my 13-year-old son Rhyan got a private training session at The Pilates Place. He's excited (there's a look on his face that I'm choosing to interpret as "excited") to be getting into better shape. Lori's got him working on running, back extensions, sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups. We bought a pull up bar after class and he's already assembled and installed it over his bedroom door.

My baby is going to start jogging! Thank you Lori!

(Okay, while my cauliflower is roasting, I'm going to spend quality time with my treadmill and 10-lb. weights.)

No comments: