Thursday, July 9, 2009

Desperate measures?

I've thought about it for some time now and I've made the decision to go with Medifast in order to lose the next 10% of my body weight. I'm not altogether convinced this is a good decision, but I'm feeling a bit desperate to move past the 300 lbs, I don't have the time to devote to adding exercise these days, and I am really having a difficult time with reducing my calories in general.

I really wish I could just walk away from eating altogether. But that's a really unhealthy decision, and as hard as I tried, I can't seem to turn myself into an anorexic! So, I'm going with a modified Medifast program. I don't want to go below 1200 calories, so I'll drink five shakes a day, have one of their bars as a day, and for dinner I'll have at least three servings of veggies and a good portion of lean protein. That should keep me in the right caloric range.

Once I lose the next 10%, which is almost 32 lbs., I'll decide what to do. At the moment, I'm inclined to hold fast at that weight for another six months. What I really want is to lighten up so that exercise isn't so laborious for me. For now, I can only use the elliptical cross trainer for 10 minutes a day, I can only walk for an hour a day and not at a very taxing pace. My heartrate isn't getting up to where it needs to be for a good workout because my knees are suffering.

I have things I want to do! I want to go hiking with my friend Chris. I want to hike up to Vernal Falls at Yosemite with my sons. I want to be prepared to learn sailing. I want to buy a bike and actually use it. I want to go to a bellydance class with confidence! I want to go back to Green Mountain Spa and blow the sox off LynnAnn-the-Intimidator, their head trainer.

And that's only for starters...

1 comment:

Lynne said...

You can do it! Medifast might be a blessing. Deep water aerobics (where you were a belt and don't touch bottom, is great for relieving stress on knees, but classes can be hard to find.

You probably already do this, but when I'm craving a rueben I toss the bread and wrap in filo and spritz with cooking spray, doesn't seem to affect bs as much and yummy!