Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 1 on Medifast

I'm hungry...I want to eat. I'm craving hard boiled eggs on Wasa right now.

I weighed in this morning. After a high at 321 lbs (a result of my trip to Monterey, drinking two alcoholic beverages and eating salty foods with melted cheese and fried elements), my preparations for my new Medifast journey dropped me back down to 313 lbs. Damn! You're asking (i know this, because I'm asking too), why am I subjecting myself to Medifast if I can drop 8 lbs. in less than a week. Because it was all salt and alcohol and retained water. I'm back on track now and will definitely be losing weight from fat from this point on.

But I'm so hungry! I want to chew on something!

I will resort to more water and celery. I'm allowing myself the celery. Because when I get hungry and my blood sugar drops, I get edgy and I need something to help me calm myself. And celery will do that for me.

At breakfast I had the Orange Creme 55 shake. Not bad. For mid-morning, I had the Dark Chocolate Antioxidant shake. Even better!

I went to Safeway this morning after breakfast. What used to not affect me at all (the bakery) was not flooding my senses. The smells, the sights...my mouth watered and for the first time in over 10 years, a bear claw sounded good to me. But I was strong and I took a turn down the detergent aisle so I could get that smell out of my nose.

I think tonight I'll be eating a LOT of vegetables with my medallions of turkey breast. Can't wait!

It used to be that I had been on so many diets that I ended up not being able to stay on-plan for more than five hours. This time, things feel different. I feel different. Food feels like food and nothing more, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything any longer. Because I can go and get whatever I want whenever I want it, and I have power over food. Not the other way around.

This is a good thing to know, now.

2 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

Good luck with the Medifast magic weight loss powders. I tried them all, and I ended up with about 300 dollars worth of yucky powder that I eventually gave away. Maybe they'll work for you, but I think you should be sticking with real foods, like the things you mentioned -- celery, eggs, and water -- and lots of fresh low-carb stuff like avocados, tomatoes, and red bell peppers. Best wishes to you.

Lynne said...

Hang in there - we're rooting for you! You can do this! Lynne :)