Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cool articles on the web

I'm sitting in front of my computer...ouch...at the moment...ugh...doing a little morning research on why...OY VEY!...I'm so achy this morning. Even my hands ache! I worked out for two hours yesterday...two hours of Pilates. I'm about to have a Motrin omelet for breakfast.

So I was surfing the Net about post-workout soreness and came across some interesting reads. Thought I'd just share them this morning. Because I'm too sore to get out of my chair to go get the Motrin...

Managing Muscle Soreness
Exercise and Weight Gain: Success and Failure
Exercise = Weight Loss, Except When It Doesn't
Your Target Heart Rate

If you have any good informational fitness/health articles, please share. I may be here awhile and I need fresh reading material.

One week till I start my 10-week fitness challenge (five 60-minute workouts a week for 10 weeks). My plan is to attend Pilates every week day, but I also want to amp up my fat-burning, so I'll hit the treadmill as well, but keep the heart rate in my fat-burning heart rate zone of 130 for an hour. Eventually I'll be able to work at improving my endurance in cardio, but that's for later. For now, build muscle and burn fat.

No comments: