Thursday, June 12, 2008

Skinny crusts?

Living outside the US means I don't usually have access to the same products/services that most of you all get to use. Last night we ordered pizza from Round Table and I was thrilled to find their Skinny Crust Pizza! I could eat my pizza and enjoy it without feeling like I overindulged. My portion was somewhat smaller than a personal pan pizza size, which was still around 400 calories, but coupled with a nice salad, I was really satisfied.

Since I did a full body workout yesterday, I just went for a 40 minute walk over hilly terrain this morning. I must be getting healthier, because the hills are easier to climb, and it's taking more effort to get my heart rate up. And my new walking shoes are totally awesome! No more shin splints, no matter how fast I walk! If you've got a high instep, the Asics Gel-Nimbus 9 is a great shoe. I get good support, and it's a running shoe, so it's built to put your foot in the correct toe-off position. It comes in larger sizes and wider widths as well.

I should be walking everyday, but when I get up in the morning, that's one of the last things I feel like doing. Motivation to walk doesn't come naturally to me, so I try to get others to get me engaged in the activity. My husband has been helping me here, but once he has to go back to Kazakhstan, I'm going to be struggling. I'm trying to get our sons to join us on our walks, but it takes A LOT of coersion to get them out the door, and there's always a lot of resistance and attitude that seems to join us on our walks. My ten-year-old plods along really slowly (because he's mad at me) and I'll never get my heart rate up at that pace. I may just have to be the tough one and not worry about his "feelings" on the subject.

No comments: