Thursday, July 3, 2008

Working on the inner woman

With both my feet firmly planted in my mid-life crisis (my sister says I've been in one for the last ten years, but frankly, I'm just a seeker), I'm going to attend a women's retreat in September, one that I've wanted to attend for the last eight years. This is the first opportunity I've had to do so. You can read about it here. It's put on by the Marriage and Family Health Center from Evergreen, Colorado. They do it twice a year, once in Marin County, CA (along the Pacific coast) and once in Loveland, Colorado.

After the life-altering experience at Green Mountain, I am looking forward to sharing with a company of women who are like-minded, wanting to change their perspective on life from the inside out. I'm ready to rekindle my spiritual nature, to move forward with purpose. I have a lot of mental and emotional energy ready to be channeled into something much more meaningful.

I have wanted my exterior view to be more in alignment with my authentic self. I don't think I can achieve that without knowing who that really is. Maybe once my inner being is fully realized I can be at peace with my body image.

No comments: