Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hidden sodium, and busting the plateau this next week!

I've been using Calorie-counter.com to journal what I eat. I planned my meals for the day ahead of time, and being the anal, overacheiving student I seem to have become, I was wondering why my wonderfully balanced diet was getting an A-, according to their criteria, as opposed to an A. After scouring all my ingredients and their analysis, I found I was ingesting too much sodium, mostly hidden within canned tomato products. So I'm switching to low-sodium varieties, or making my own. I guess it always goes back to reading the labels.

I'm back down to 322 lbs., as of today. My husband and son are arriving to see me in a week and I'm hoping to break below 320 lbs. by then. That gives me five days. Do you think I can do it? On Wednesday I'm treating myself to a day at the spa. A facial and make-up lesson as well as a haircut, and a mani/pedi. I'd get a massage and body wrap, but I've got to leave something on the table for my husband to gift me.

I had some really delicious tilapia fillets for lunch today. I pan fried them with a scant bit of olive oil, and seasoned them with lemon pepper and lemon juice, and a little salt. A side of steamed green beans tossed with lemon juice. Yum!! Both lemon and lime juice are great substitutes for salt.

Happy Easter to everyone.

No comments: