Friday, February 13, 2009

Fasted Cardio - Fat burning activity

I've been reading up on doing fasted cardio, which is doing some sort of brief period of cardio workout before breakfast. From what I gather, there's a lot of fat floating around in our system by morning, and if it doesn't get used up, our bodies with re-store it. So one of the best things to do is to grab a cup of coffee or green tea and then hit the cardio for about 15 minutes.

I'm going to start doing this tomorrow. Today, my new treadmill is arriving! I'm so excited! It's a brand new Sole F85 treadmill. I'm placing it in my living room, with all my other exercise equipment. My living room is now my gym.

I was conflicted at first...should I get the parsley green leather hide-away from Pottery Barn now, or the treadmill? I really want that sofa! But I really want to lose the weight even more. So I'm making the sofa my reward. When I break 250 lbs., I can have the sofa.

The fasted cardio method might also work at other times of the day, just before meals. Some websites claim this method might actually promote muscle loss, so I think I can have a tin of water-packed sardines or a hard-cooked egg along with my coffee/tea just before getting on the treadmill. The coffee/tea supposedly helps to get the fat ready to be burned as well.

One more thing I'm thinking about tweaking...dairy consumption. I'm taking vitamins, and eating plenty of dark green leafy veggies and sardines, plus using fortified almond milk in my coffee/tea, so I'm not worried about not getting enough calcium. I think I'm going to cut out the dairy. As soon as I eat all my cheese! I love cheese, I mean LOVE. That's going to be a hard one from which to walk away!

No comments: