Monday, August 18, 2008

What the ...?

It's just been five days since I last posted an entry, and I've surprisingly dropped down to 314 lbs! That's an all time low since I began my journey here. I wish I could say it was because I kept to my new limits of 60 gms. of carbohydrates a day and 60 gms. of fat. I wish it was because I actually increased how much cardio I was doing on a daily basis.

The only thing I've changed is that I started taking a pill for my blood pressure, and I started taking capsules of Ceylon cinnamon bark after each meal and a daily vitamin pack for diabetes that includes chromium picolinate. I did drop carb intake down to 100 gms. for most days, but the last couple of days, I've had some serious carb cravings and yesterday, I totally strayed off course while we were out shopping for school supplies and new clothes. I at just over 2100 calories, went over on sodium by 35%, and took in nearly 200 gms. of carbs. And then lost an additional 2.5 lbs. since yesterday. We did walk a lot all over town and went miniature golfing after everything, but I wasn't tired at all by the end of the day so I didn't expect to have burned off that much. In fact, I totally expected to have gained weight this morning.

Today I'm heading back to the supermarket to load up on fiberous vegetables. I'm not going to lose the ground I've gained here!

Pardon me while I head for the elliptical cross trainer again this morning...

No comments: